This webinar provides an overview of the 2020 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) updates and changes.
Educators: Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA and Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P
The Learning Objectives are:
- Discuss the Final Rule for OPPS for CY 2020 – specifically as applicable to HIM
- Summarize increase in payment and conversion factor for CY 2020
- Review the characteristics and changes to the Composite and Comprehensive APCs (C-APCs)
- Summarize changes related to New Technology
- Discuss OPPS APC-Specific Policy Changes
- Review changes to OPPS Payment for Devices and Drugs
- Discuss changes to the Inpatient Only (IPO) list for CY 2020
- List types of procedures that will require Prior Authorization
- Discuss the phase-in of the Site-Neutral rate
This course provides 1 pre-approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU.