All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This learning path provides an overview of E/M Codes and Guidelines for 2021 divided into 15-31 minute webinars. The four presentations review the Code and Guideline Changes to the Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes for Office or Other Outpatient Services. These changes take effect January 1, 2021. The CPT Evaluation and Management (E/M) Office or Other Outpatient (99202-99215) and Prolonged Services (99354, 99356, 99XXX) Code and Guideline Changes Document from the AMA will be utilized in this training. The document is available under Additional References for download. It is also available at: https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2019-06/cpt-office-prolonged-svs-code-changes.pdf. It is expected that each learner has access to this document. This course provides 1.5 approved AAPC CEUs and can be used towards 1.5 AHIMA CEUs | Duration 1.5 hours.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Examine the 2021 CPT Evaluation and Management (E/M) Office or Other Outpatient (99202-99215) and Prolonged Services (99354, 99356, 99XXX) Code and Guideline Changes document from the American Medical Association (AMA)
- Define New versus Established patient
- Discuss the key components for assigning Office or Other Outpatient Services codes: Time and Medical Decision Making
- Review the Office or Other Outpatient Services codes (99202-99205, 99211-99215) and describe each
- Analyze each component of Medical Decision Making
- Discuss the standard definitions for Medical Decision Making
- Discuss the prolonged Services codes as they relate to the 2021 Guideline changes for Office or Other Outpatient codes, including the new 99XXX code
The courses included within this learning path are:
- Guidelines, Overview and Time
- Medical Decision Making
- Office or Other Outpatient Services
- Prolonged Services
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.