All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss CPT Modifiers. The four courses will cover common CPT and HCPCS modifiers, with examples of all. CPT Modifiers are two characters (alpha and/or numeric characters) that indicate that the procedure code has been altered in some way. The modifier does not actually change the definition of code, but it provides additional information about specific situations. Modifiers also enable adherence to specific payer policies, such as the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI); the addition of a particular modifier may affect payment. Modifiers are found in Appendix A of CPT. Level I modifiers are published by AMA, while Level II modifiers (HCPCS) are developed by CMS. This course provides 1.5 approved AAPC CEUs and can be used towards 1.5 AHIMA CEUs | Duration: 1.5 hours.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Describe the Anatomic modifiers (E1-E4, FA, F1-F9, TA, T1-T9, LT, RT, LC, LD, RC, LM, RI) and provide examples for each site for side of body, eyelid, finger, toe, and coronary artery
- Define Modifier 50 for bilateral procedures
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate use of modifier 59 for Distinct Procedural Service
- List criteria for use of modifier 25 for Significant, Separately Identifiable E/M Service by the Same Physician/QHP on the Same Day of the Procedure or Other Service
- Provide references from sources such as CPT Assistant, Medicare Claims Processing Manual and National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI)
The courses included within this learning path are:
- Introduction and Anatomic Modifiers
- Modifier 50
- Modifier 59
- Modifier 25
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.