All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This learning path provides an overview of 2020 PCS ECMO procedures and New Devices for 2020 divided into 16-23 minute webinars. ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) procedures have been used for the past four decades; but the indications, technical details, and equipment designs have changed during this time. Recently, providers are performing short-term, percutaneous ECMO procedures in addition to open-chest ECMO in increasing circumstances. ECMO was originally only used for respiratory support, but now, ECMO is commonly used for respiratory and cardiac support. It has even been used in treating COVID-19 patients. There were changes recently made to the coding of ECMO, with updates to the code tables. Also included within this learning path is a review of device values that were added to the ICD-10-PCS system for 2020. A description of the need and unique characteristics of each device is explored. ICD-10-PCS coding and additions to the device key and definitions is discussed.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Define ECMO and discuss the types of ECMO
- Define conditions that have an indication for ECMO
- Review ECMO coding tables
- Review changes made in 2019 and 2020 ECMO tables
- Apply knowledge of types of ECMO to code examples
- Discuss Coding Clinic advice for the correct coding of ECMO procedures
- Review the reasons for Subcutaneous ICD (S-ICD) lead Insertion versus a transvenous lead
- Describe the use of the Intramedullary Limb Lengthening System for the femur, tibia and humerus
- Discuss the use of the Flow Diverter Stent for treatment of unruptured intracranial aneurysms
- Identify the New Technology code table used for angioplasty with sustained release drug-eluting stent in treatment of peripheral artery disease
- Build ICD-10-PCS codes the reflect the new device codes
The courses included within this learning path are:
- ECMO Overview
- ECMO Coding
- New Devices for 2020 Part 1
- New Devices for 2020 Part 2
This course provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU.
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA. Meet our Educators!