All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This coding for ICD-10-PCS Basics Learning Path is divided into four parts with concentration on the Coding Guidelines for the Medical and Surgical section of the ICD-10-PCS Coding system for root operations, body system and body part, approach, and device. Information on the qualifier character is also included. Examples and Coding Clinic articles that demonstrate and reinforce guidelines are also reviewed. This learning path provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Review the coding guidelines for root operations found in B3.1 - B3.5
- Discuss the body system and body part values and coding guidelines in B2.1 and B4.1 - B4.8
- List the seven approach values and their definitions along with guidelines for designation of the approach in PCS
- Discuss the device character and criteria for including a device in the PCS code, along with guidelines B6.1 - B6.2
- Examine the qualifier character and the use of select qualifier with device codes
The courses included within this learning path are:
- PCS Basics - Root Operations
- PCS Basics - Body System and Body Part
- PCS Basics - Approach
- PCS Basics - Device and Qualifier
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.