This learning path offers an overview of Eye Procedures divided into 14-29-minute modules. The courses within this learning path provide highlights of CPT coding for selected eye procedures. A review of the anatomy of the eye and adnexa is included along with presentations on retinal procedures, vitrectomy and related procedures, and cataract surgery. CPT Guidelines and CPT Assistant guidance for eye procedures will be reviewed along with coding selection scenarios.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Review the anatomy of the eye and adnexa
- Discuss retinal detachment and codes for retinal repair
- Discuss procedures involving vitrectomy and removal of lens material
- Describe the characteristics of cataracts and codes for cataract procedures
- Define vitrectomy and assign appropriate codes for the procedure
- Apply CPT guidelines and CPT Assistant guidance for eye procedures
The courses included within this learning path are:
- Cataract Extraction
- Retinal Repair
This course provides 1.5 approved AAPC CEUs and can be used towards 1.5 AHIMA CEUs.
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA