All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss bronchoscopy techniques and coding in ICD-10-PCS. Anatomy of the upper and lower Respiratory System is discussed followed by a discussion of the coding including common root operations applicable to this procedure. Although the bronchoscopy may be done in the outpatient setting, it is performed quite often as an inpatient procedure as well in patients with pneumonia, respiratory failure, atelectasis, etc. Biopsy, removal of retained secretions, bronchoalveolar lavage, and removal of mucus plugs are discussed and common root operations (extraction, excision, drainage, extirpation) are reviewed. The various body parts of the lung and bronchus are covered, as well as applicable Coding Clinic articles. A review and practice of sample cases completes the course. This learning path provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Review the anatomy of the respiratory system, with an emphasis on the lower respiratory track and body parts
- Discuss various procedures performed via bronchoscopy and the ICD-10-PCS coding of these procedures
- Identify the most common root operations used for bronchoscopic procedures
- Practice assigning bronchoscopy codes for a variety of procedures
The courses included within this learning path are:
- Bronchoscopy Coding Anatomy
- Bronchoscopy Coding Procedures
- Bronchoscopy Coding Cases
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.