All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This learning path provides an overview of CPT Spinal Fusion Procedures divided into 12-18-minute modules. Explores the CPT coding for spinal fusion and arthrodesis. A review of spinal anatomy and common disorders that prompt an arthrodesis is discussed. Includes information on CPT guidelines and codes for arthrodesis and related procedures. Case studies of spinal fusion at the cervical, thoracic and lumbar levels as well as spinal fusion for scoliosis are presented. This learning path provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Describe the overall anatomy of the spine and components of the vertebrae
- Discuss common procedures that may necessitate a spinal fusion procedure
- Define the CPT guidelines for arthrodesis, including portions of the procedure that are coded separately
- List the elements to be selected from the documentation for assignment of the appropriate CPT codes
- Apply the guidelines and codes to cases of spinal arthrodesis
The courses included within this learning path are:
- Spinal Anatomy and Disease Process Review
- Spinal Arthrodesis Procedure
- Spinal Fusion Case Studies - Cervical and Thoracic
- Spinal Fusion Case Studies - Lumbar & Spinal Deformity
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.