This learning path provides an overview of medical coding updates, such as COVID-19, and E-Cigarettes and Vaping divided into 20-38-minute modules. The COVID-19 Codes and Guidelines course highlights the coding for COVID-19 and associated conditions. It provides an update of the new chapter 22 in ICD-10-CM including the code for COVID-19, as well as review of the Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines applicable for COVID-19 Infections effective April 1, 2020. The E-Cigarettes and Vaping course discusses the new Supplement to the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines and reviews the new U-code effective April 1, 2020. Specific coding scenarios and code assignment will be reviewed in detail for both courses.
The courses included within this learning path are:
- COVID-19 Codes and Guidelines
- E-Cigarettes and Vaping
LP Learning Objectives:
- Identify new chapter 22 in ICD-10-CM including the code for COVID-19 effective April 1, 2020
- Describe the Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines applicable for COVID-19 Infections effective April 1, 2020
- Assign codes for given scenarios involving patient encounters related to COVID-19 infection
- Identify the new U-code effective April 1, 2020
- Review the new Supplement to the ICD-10-CM Official Guideline on E-Cigarette, Vaping
- Discuss the e-cigarette, or vaping product use associated lung injury (EVALI)
- View codes recommended by the Cooperating Parties to classify these conditions
This course provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU.
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA