All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This two-part Learning Path will provide updated information on COVID-19 CM and PCS Coding including the FY 2022 updates, and issues covered in the most recent AHA and AHIMA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to coding for COVID-19 related cases. Guidelines for the diagnosis codes will also be discussed. This course provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
Twelve new hospital procedure codes were announced in the XW0 code table representing substances used in treatment of COVID-19, effective August 1, 2020. They were added to the New Technology section, and in the Year 5 Group. Then in order to assign codes for monoclonal antibodies and vaccines, 21 new codes were effective January 1, 2021 and were identified by the Year 6 Group. Finally, FY 2022 introduced additional New Technology codes with the Year 7 Group. These codes do not impact payment, but rather are to be assigned for surveillance and for tracking the effectiveness of certain drugs/therapies. A new ICD-10-CM code for Post COVID-19 condition, unspecified, was add for FY 2022.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Discuss codes and details for monoclonal antibodies
- Identify codes and details about COVID-19 vaccines
- Review the historical and new codes for ICD-10-PCS COVID-19 codes
- View codes and names of new drugs used in treatment of COVID-19
- Review ICD-10-CM Codes for COVID-19 and related conditions, including the new code for Post-COVID-19 condition
- Discuss Official Coding Guidelines for COVID-19 and related guidelines
- Review selected COVID-19 Coding FAQs published by AHIMA and AHA
- Present Post COVID-19 scenarios based on FAQs and updated codes and guidelines
The courses included within this learning path are:
- COVID-19 CM Codes and Guidelines
- COVID-19 PCS Codes
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.