All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will provide updated information on COVID-19 CM and PCS Coding. Guidelines and coding advice continue to evolve as understanding of the COVID-19 infection expands. The CM Coding portion will discuss the COVID-19 coding guidelines including the FY 2021 updates, and issues covered in the most recent AHA and AHIMA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to diagnosis coding for COVID-19 related cases. This course provides 1.5 approved AAPC CEUs and can be used towards 1.5 AHIMA CEUs | Duration: 1.5 hours.
On July 30, 2020, CMS announced new hospital procedure codes for therapeutics in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency. These 12 codes go into effect August 1, 2020. They are added to the New Technology section, and in the Year 5 group (2020 codes). It is critical to educate all professionals as quickly as possible for accurate code assignment and data collection. These codes do not impact payment, but rather are to be assigned for surveillance and for tracking the effectiveness of certain drugs and therapies.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Identify the Effective Dates of Codes, Guidelines and FAQ Advice for COVID-19
- Discuss the Official Coding Guidelines for Coronavirus for FY 2021
- Locate the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Document and Updates on the AHIMA and/or AHA Website
- Apply Advice from the FAQs to Supplement Guidelines for Given Scenarios
- Review 12 New ICD-10-PCS Codes for COVID-19 - Effective August 1, 2020
- Review Code and Table Changes
- Review the Drugs Added to the New Technology Section
- Discuss AHA/AHIMA FAQ Updates for Codes
The courses included within this learning path are:
- COVID-19 CM Codes and Guidelines
- COVID-19 PCS Codes
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.