All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss CPT Nervous System Neurostimulators coding. The four-part Learning Path will concentrate on neurostimulator procedures. Part 1 begins with a review of the anatomy and function of the nervous system. CPT codes in the Neurosurgery subsection are presented, highlighting the neurostimulator codes. Codes for programming and analysis of the neurostimulator systems found in the Medicine section are reviewed. Parts 2-4 are a comprehensive analysis of codes for intracranial, spinal, and peripheral neurostimulator procedures respectively. CPT guidelines as well as applicable advice from CPT Assistant and Coding Clinic for HCPCS are included. This course provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Review the function and anatomy of the nervous system, and the component of the central and peripheral nervous system
- Describe the components of a neurostimulator system for various types of applications
- Highlight the codes and guidelines for neurostimulator analysis and programming
- Review guidelines, codes, and coding advice for intracranial neurostimulators and deep brain stimulation
- List the components of spinal neurostimulator systems including percutaneous and open implantation of temporary and permanent lead implantation
- Describe peripheral nerve neurostimulator systems including cranial nerve systems such as the vagus nerve
- Highlight the InterStim systems available for sacral nerve stimulation in the treatment of urinary dysfunction
The courses included within this learning path are:
- Neurostimulators Overview
- Neurostimulators Intracranial Procedures
- Neurostimulators Spinal Procedures
- Neurostimulators Peripheral Nerve Procedures