All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This four-part Learning Path will review and discuss coding for Orthopedic Fracture Procedures. Many guidelines and CPT Assistant references apply to coding fractures in CPT. Types of fractures, treatment for fractures, casts and strapping guidelines for fractures and dislocations, and coding fractures in multiple bones will be explored in this learning path. CPT Assistant articles and case examples will be reviewed in detail. This course provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Define open versus closed fractures
- Review terms and fracture patterns for common fractures such as displaced, non-displaced, transverse, oblique, impacted, etc.
- State treatment for open, closed, and percutaneous fractures
- Identify the definition of manipulation in fracture coding
- Review the guidelines for casts and strapping for fractures and dislocations including replacement and initial service
- Identify CPT Assistant articles regarding upper fracture coding such as orbital floor, nasal bone, rib, radial and practice coding of scenarios
- Review CPT Assistant articles regarding other fractures and fracture topics including debridement, bone fragments, ORIF metatarsal, femoral condyle, bone filler, pelvic fracture, trochanteric and malleolar fractures, and practice coding of scenarios
The courses included within this learning path are:
- CPT Orthopedic Fracture Overview and Guidelines
- CPT Orthopedic Fracture Casts and Strapping
- CPT Orthopedic Fracture Coding Part 1
- CPT Orthopedic Fracture Coding Part 2
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.