All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss Skull Base Surgery. This two-part Learning Path will examine CPT coding conventions and guidelines. Part 1 will review the Anatomy and Terminology related to skull base surgery, and Part 2 will highlight applicable CPT Codes and Guidelines. Anatomy of the skull and skull base are stressed, including the parts of the brain and cranial fossae. Along with the review of codes and guidelines, applicable CPT Assistant articles are addressed, as well as analysis of a case study. This course provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Identify the anatomy of the skull and skull base
- Review the bones of neurocranium and face, sutures and foramen
- List the parts of the brain and cerebral meninges
- Define the anterior, middle and posterior cranial fossae and their boundaries
- Discuss specific terms found in skull base surgery
- Review codes 61580-61619 for coding the approach, definitive procedure and repair/reconstruction for surgery of the skull base
- Apply coding guidelines for surgery of the skull base
- Analyze guidance provided in CPT Assistant for coding surgery of the skull base
The courses included within this learning path are:
- Anatomy and Terminology
- CPT Codes and Guidelines
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.