All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss Cerebrovascular Disease coding. This four-part Learning Path will review coding of cerebrovascular diseases in ICD-10-CM in categories I60-I62, I63, I69 and related categories. Included is an overview of anatomy of the brain, precerebral and cerebral arteries, as well as terms used to describe diseases and disorders. A comprehensive review of codes includes clinical examples. Applicable coding guidelines and Coding Clinic articles are also discussed. This learning path provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Examine the characteristics of nontraumatic and traumatic intracranial and intracerebral hemorrhage
- List the two main types of cerebral infarctions and identify the most common form
- Review the anatomy of the brain and arteries that supply blood to the brain
- Explore coding for nontraumatic subarachnoid, intracerebral and intracranial hemorrhage conditions
- Discuss the coding of ischemic cerebral infarctions in category I63 and neurological effects of stroke
- Highlight category I69, Sequelae of cerebrovascular disease and the coding of “late effects” of categories I60-I67
- Review official coding guidelines and Coding Clinic advice for coding in categories I60-I62, I63 and I69
The courses included within this learning path are:
- CM Cerebrovascular Disease Anatomy and Terms
- CM Cerebrovascular Disease Codes I60-I62
- CM Cerebrovascular Disease Code I63
- CM Cerebrovascular Disease Code I69
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.