All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss External Causes coding. This four-part Learning Path will examine coding conventions and guidelines. It includes an analysis of the codes in Chapter 20, as well as other related chapters of ICD-10-CM. Applicable Coding Clinic articles will be reviewed and highlighted, as well as examples and coding cases for practice. This learning path provides 1 approved AAPC CEU and can be used towards 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Review the contents, notes and definitions of Chapter 20 of ICD-10-CM, External Causes of Morbidity (V00-Y99)
- Examine guidelines for external cause codes, including place of occurrence, activity and external cause status
- Review applicable guidelines in other sections for Adult and Child Abuse and Coding for Healthcare Encounters in Hurricane Aftermath
- Describe the hierarchy of external cause codes should multiple external causes codes be assigned
- Assign codes for external causes for given case scenarios.
The courses included within this learning path are:
- CM External Causes Guidelines
- CM External Causes Place Activity Status
- CM External Causes Hierarchy
- CM External Causes Coding Examples
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.