All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss Sepsis coding. This four-part Learning Path will examine coding conventions and guidelines. Parts 1 and 2 focus on the Chapter 1 Guidelines, with many examples included. Guideline review also includes those found in Chapter 15 (OB), 16 (newborn), and Guidelines related to COVID-19 and sepsis are discussed. Also included is clinical information about sepsis and examples of various criteria used by some. Part 3 includes key Coding Clinic references and discussion of clinical criteria and code assignment. Part 4 reviews documentation excerpts for practice with applying sepsis guidelines and codes. This learning path provides 1.5 approved AAPC CEUs and can be used towards 1.5 AHIMA CEUs | Duration: 1.5 hours.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Discuss clinical information including symptoms and criteria for sepsis and SIRS (Part 1)
- Review Chapter 1 Guidelines related to Sepsis, Severe Sepsis, and Septic Shock (I.C.1.d.1)-4) (Part 1)
- Examine Chapter 1 Guidelines related to Sepsis, Severe Sepsis, and Septic Shock (I.C.1.d.5)-8) (including OB and Newborn) (Part 2)
- Identify key guidelines in Chapter 1 related to coding COVID-19 with sepsis (Part 2)
- Examine sepsis criteria used by some that might be useful to CDI, physicians, coders (Part 2)
- Examine key Coding Clinic articles relative to sepsis coding and clinical criteria and code assignment (Part 3)
- Assign codes for sepsis based on documentation excerpts (Part 4)
The courses included within this learning path are:
- CM Sepsis Guidelines Part 1
- CM Sepsis Guidelines Part 2
- CM Sepsis IP Coding Part 1
- CM Sepsis IP Coding Part 2
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.