All YES learning paths and courses come with approved CEUs. Course description, learning objectives and CEUs can be found under pricing.
Corporate pricing is available upon request.
Why is YES HIM Education the best choice?
- Nationally recognized educators
- Our practical approach delivers web-based courses that include:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Applied case studies and examples
- Downloadable certificate of completion and CEU(s)
- Handouts for all webinars
- Our learners have unlimited access to all registered courses at any time (24/7) and from any device.
- All of the courses provided by YES offer a minimum 12-week enrollment period. Extensions to the enrollment period are available upon request.
See our Education Catalog here.
Learning Path & Courses Information:
This Learning Path will review and discuss coding for PCS Root Operations - Restriction and Occlusion. Restriction and Occlusion are common root operations for treating aneurysms. There will be a review of the pathology of aneurysms with specific information on cerebral and aortic aneurysms including treatment methods, as well as PCS Coding for aneurysm repair procedures. This four-part Learning Path will also examine coding conventions and guidelines. Official Coding Guidelines are covered, with applicable Coding Clinic articles and advice studied. This learning path provides 1 CEU Certificate toward 1 AHIMA CEU | Duration: 1 hour.
LP Learning Objectives:
- Discuss additions to tables to allow correct coding of Restriction and Occlusion
- Define Restriction and Occlusion root operations and provide examples of these procedures
- Study the Restriction and Occlusion Guidelines
- Review examples discussed in the Coding Clinic for Restriction and Occlusion
- Review the underlying pathology and types of aneurysms
- Discuss the most common methods of treatment for cerebral and aortic aneurysms
- List the Coding Guideline that pertains to vessel embolization
- Apply guidance from Coding Clinic on treatment methods for aneurysms
The courses included within this learning path are:
- PCS Root Operations - Restriction
- PCS Root Operations - Occlusion
- Aneurysm Background and Cerebral Aneurysms
- Aortic Aneurysms
Educators: Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P and Teri Jorwic, MPH, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA.